Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Top 5 Indian Royal Bachelors


Prince William is tying the knot with his sweetheart Kate Middleton on April 29. But girls, don't lose heart. There's a long of list of young, handsome Indian princes who are still eligible. If William could go for somebody who isn't royalty, may be these young men also wouldn't mind...


Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar 
Heritage:
 Udaipur 
Royalty Factor: He's known as an outgoing, friendly Prince. Arvind Singh Mewar's son has his father's will power. He studied Hotel Management in Australia and was involved in the restoration work of the Jagmandir Island Palace. Recently in an interview, Lakshyaraj said, "My priority is to take care of my rich cultural heritage." Lakshyaraj's a photographer at heart and loves clicking pictures. Not only that, he also cares for the environment. His passion: Cricket.



Devraj Singh
Heritage: Jaipur 
Royalty Factor: 
The young grandson of Maharani Gayatri Devi, Devraj Singh is inspired by his stylish grandmother. "I admire her for her humility. Even though she was well-known, she was down-to-earth. She had the power to influence people with her personality. I believe that duty is the first priority in life. For me, this means looking after the old and innovating for the future." This dynamic boy has a passion for writing. "I like to write and I also collect books, I love reading non-fiction. I also keep fit by jogging and exercising."



Jaivardhan Singh
Heritage: Raghogarh
Royalty Factor:
 He's the son of politician Digvijay Singh, the erstwhile Raja of Raghogarh and is being groomed to be among India's generation next young leaders. "I've already been doing work in my constituency and I work for the Planning Commission on rural development. Heritage to me is about being responsible to my people, keeping the traditions alive in the way I live, what I wear and how I behave. I'm particular about celebrating festivals the way they used to be celebrated," says the boy from Doon school, who did his graduation from SRCC in Delhi University. "But right now, I'm leaving for Columbia University to study."



Anirudh Vishvendra Bharatpur
Heritage: Bharatpur
Royalty Factor:
 This young, dynamic erstwhile prince is proud of his cultural heritage. Currently, he's studying at the University College London. "I'm very proud of my heritage, be it the palace or a painting there's history all around me. Our palace is Bharatpur, where the Moti Mahal Palace — a cross between Rajasthani and Mughal architecture with European interiors is being converted into an exotic desti nation hotel with cultural heritage. It's about how you add social value to what you already have." His role models? "My parents and PRS Oberoi, he's a man of guts. I also look up to Princess Diya Kumari and need to learn from her how she runs her estate and takes care of heirloom possessions with care."



Aarkesh Singh Deo
Heritage: Bolangir
Royalty Factor:
 This good-looking Prince of Bolangir enjoyed his stint as a model. But that's just his hobby. He's also studied acting in New York. "I love the art of expressions; acting is the best way to do it. When I was in college, I modelled for Fashion Week. I've done theatre in Mumbai, but I don't belong to that world. Currently, I'm studying Law, after which I might get into business." Future plans? "My ultimate goal is to be a politician like my father and brother. My grandfather, RN Singh Deo, was the first Maharaja who became Chief Minister of Orissa. I have a huge responsibility towards my heritage and people," says Aarkesh, who is all of 25. "You don't choose where you are born, but you can create good karma by doing good."

No comments:

Post a Comment